Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Turkey Weekend

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  First off the whole idea of this holiday is confusing to me.  Why is it that in the states, they celebrate a month later?
Anyway... So my turkey weekend, did not consist of turkey at all; More like rushing out at last minute to grab a roasted chicken from Safeway ( and might I add, was the last one)  I have decided that with all the family drama in my life ( and I'm sure everyone else's) that I will just plan my own holiday dinners, since I do have a family of my own.  It's not nice to get shafted for the holidays, but some things can't be helped.  So our turkey was a bust, but our scalloped potatoes were totally homemade.  Potatoes are the highlight of my life and I can't live without them.  Yes, I used to be a farm girl; in the summers anyway.
Not much else to say, only that this three day holiday was much needed and enjoyed, we made our own dinner and non-traditionally sipped frozen pina colada.

1 comment:

  1. LOL there's always room for a new "dish" at the Thanksgiving table - so why not pina coladas?!

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion