Monday, October 19, 2009

Bad PPR

So, it appears that the title for my blog and its contents aren't working so well for me. Every weekend I work, I am proposed to deal with the same problem. I can't seem to find any good PR in Portage Place. Maybe it's the fact that I work in a bad environment.

This past weekend, the second customer I served, I kid you not, was unbearable.
Here is the play by play:

Women comes up to order.
She has a coupon (2 can dine for 10.99)
I punch in her order.
Comes up to 12.31 with taxes.
She hands me 10 loonies and a twoonie.
I respond, "It's 12.31."
She says, "That's 12."
I say, "but it's 12.31."
She says, "can you do it for 12?"
I say, "no, it's 12.31"
She repeats, "can you do it for 12?"
I respond, "well if you want you can get a combo and then an extra burger..."
She cuts me off, "No dummy! I'm asking you if you'll take 12?"
I just look at her.
She digs into her pockets and pulls out a handful of change, grabs a loonie and tosses it my way.
By this time all the staff is surrounding me, to see what the deal is.
I say, "thankyou."
And complete the transaction.
I smile at her, "And tell her to have a good weekend."
She smiles back.

Are you kidding me? I forgot what it was like working there. And honestly this kind of situation, in most cases much worse, happen to the staff almost daily/ three times a day.

My conclusion bad PPR.

1 comment:

  1. haha wow!

    "Will you take $12"

    I wasn't aware that food prices were something to be bargained for. That's ridiculous, and takes me back to my days working at McD's. People can be so rude, especially with throwing change at their server. HATE THAT! How would they like it if you threw their food at them? NOT VERY MUCH.

    You handled it like a total pro tho!

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion