Sunday, January 9, 2011

Miracles do happen

I'm not sure if I've ever believed in miracles, whether they existed or not. But this Christmas I do believe that we got one. This year we had the worst struggle to date. We could barely afford groceries let alone pay our bills and our rent. Due to one major unfortunate unexpected circumstance we were at a standstill financially. With neither of us working, we had no idea how we would pull through. As soon as the break hit, my boss even forgot to schedule me. Here I was, the only one working a legit job and I was supposed to be using my Christmas break to catch up on sleep, work on my IPP and spend time with my family.

I was fortunate to get almost full-time work during this week that my boss had carelessly forgotten to schedule me. My co-working all started handing over their shifts. I think of myself to be extremely lucky. I managed to throw my first ever Christmas dinner and invited my parents over. We even managed to have a whack load of gifts for our son, mind you their were small, but still I am very grateful for that.

The reason I consider our Christmas to be some sort of miracle this year is because everything that was worrying us just started to fall place and just in time. I think we were extremely fortunate this holiday season and if it wasn't for our loved ones we might be out on
the street right now. But I can't help but think that this year we got our Christmas miracle. And I will never think of Christmas the same way again.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion