Monday, January 31, 2011

Back at school

This is the beginning of week two of my last semester in Creative Communications. I have to say that I am super stoked to begin my career in something that I'm uber pumped, passionate and have wanted to do for a while. My career goal is advertising. And lately, I have been leading towards a Media Buyer/Coordinator position.

Currently, the ad and pr majors are working on our last integrated marketing campaign for MALA, the Manitoba Association of Landscape Architects. I got assigned to be a Project Manager which is pretty neat. I feel like I have my chance to shine and take on the leadership role, something that I enjoy when it comes to advertising. I used to dream of being a Creative Director which I must say is pretty ambitious. Along with the assigned task of being a Project Manager, I am in charge of our media buy plan yet again. This is the third time that I have gotten to do a media buy plan in a group project and I'm learning to enjoy the role more and more. Like come on, you get to spend money! Fun! Of course, I understand it isn't all glamorous. You have to take a lot into consideration, like the budget and which mediums are most likely to succeed based on our goals and desired outcomes. Still, I really enjoy it.

Also in the full swing of things, my Independent Professional Project, a documentary on the paranormal is  in the midst of editing. Everything else is done, I am so thrilled. I know that I have done a lot of work on it, but still a part of me feels that I didn't. Maybe it was just that I enjoyed it too much? I really do enjoy media production. I had a hard time deciding on my major, which is why I thought that doing a video IPP and taking TV documentary would satisfy my hunger for videography.  So graduating with as an advertising major and two video docs, I think that suits me just fine.  Next up, maybe a career involving both passions? A girl could only hope!

~Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion