Monday, March 29, 2010

IPP Approved!

Today, on average, seventy something CreComms had fifteen minute interviews with a panel of instructors. The panel interrogated us and asked a series of questions (to make sure we know our stuff).  The nerves didn't set in until about 5 minutes beforehand.  In the time leading up to the interview, I took my dad and son on a tour of the Red River College campus. Joey loved it. For some reason the stairs were his favourite part. He kept wanting to go up!

So once I was in the office anticipating the questions they'd ask, my stomach started to flop a bit. So, I did what I always do. I put on a smile and laughed a lot! I think, now I think... that my positive personality is what got me approved. They said they could sense how passionate I was about this project. They tried to scare me off by telling me that my choice of project; a film documentary on Haunted Manitoba was an extremely difficult task. They even tried persuading me to do a still photo slide show with narrations. I think that the face I made, quickly told them I was not impressed.

Now as a first year CreComm, I will not lie, I have no idea as to how to produce a documentary. I am learning. And as to why I have chosen this method of IPP? Why not? We are in a program that gives us the opportunity to do something that we wouldn't ordinarily have the option of doing. I mean, how cool would it be to make a documentary?

I am now officially devoting my summer to filming this thing. Documentary... here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion