Saturday, January 30, 2010

Missing Portage Place

So, it has been a month of not working at the mall, and I have to say it's gone by really fast. In about two weeks, at school, we have a week off called Reading Week. Only I don't think I'll be doing much reading (OK, maybe some) because I asked to work that week. I'm pretty excited, as much as I complain about it, I do love it, I miss my friends. I just can't stand working and school, added on to my at-home responsibilities.
At school, people are already applying for summer jobs and we are making professional resume and cover letters in class. I would love to get a job in something related to my future career, however I'm a little freaked about leaving the place I have worked at for all these years. Portage Place has been a huge part of my life. I need to transition or something like that. Well all I can say is hooray for CreComm seminars, I think I will talk to that downtown development lady.
Regardless of all the shootings and stabbings downtown has endured (hence this past week), I still love downtown. It just needs a little help, isn't that what the helicopter is for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion