Friday, November 27, 2009

A Rant

I've been told that my time management is rockin' by various classmates in CreComm.  We are all dealing with the same issues.  The enormous research project, endless articles, creative writing and ads.

But after this week, of doing two after school, school assignments, I feel that I manged my time horribly.  I have barely seen my fiancee and on top of that, spent practically no time with my son at all.  This is something I have to deal with.  My priorities are stretched.  And with all this commitment I can't shy away from feeling that I am a bad mom.

I spent last night working on my PR research, while my son was in bed with me playing and talking and coloring.  Yes he was supposed to be in bed, yes I should have gotten him to sleep, but seriously, I did not have the time.

Two rather big assignments due in a short amount of time + one sleeping fiancee on the couch  = a very stressed out Jenn.

But life will go on, we are all faced with obstacles in our lives and we have to pick our battles.  I gave up on the battle of cleaning, because honestly, getting myself worked up about the being a neat freak is not getting me anywhere.  I mean with a four-year-old son and a "live life my the moment" fiancee, and me not being home, my place is never the way I want it.

I think the end of my troubles will be to find a new haven, the search starts now.  Good luck fellow CreCommers, this will be it for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion