Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Almost Done!

So exam week is in full swing. With two more days to go and a final exam tomorrow, I should be studying. However I am just way too excited for the summer to begin. I have so many things planned, and as a few of them include a great deal of work ( besides actually working at my part-time job) I don't feel as if they are such.

I volunteered last week for CURVE 94.3 last week for a three hour gig, selling cupcakes for cancer. Although I was not actually selling the cupcakes, I was still participating in the event. It was so much fun and has pretty much peaked my enthusiasm for everything that is about to take place over the course of the summer.

The first thing on my agenda is to try to get a small internship at a local ad agency. I really want to get into the industry and to this day know pretty little about it. So this is one of the top things on my list.

Second, I am starting all the preliminary work on my video IPP, a 12 minute documentary on Haunted Manitoba (that's what I'm calling it). This will include all the fun stuff, like participating the The Haunted Winnipeg Bus and Ghost Tours. This is something I have wanted to do since my little guy was born, so lets say just over five years ago. I will also be researching the places I have chosen to document, and yes... film them (the spooky stuff will come later). I will be finding the suitable people to interview as well as old photos from the Manitoba Archives building. And of course, write my script.

Thirdly, I plan to organize an art show for a long-time friend of mine who has gotten accepted into Emily Carr in Vancouver and will be leaving at the end of the summer. All her art must go! this is something I am equally excited about like the others, because wanting to work in an art gallery was also a dream of mine. I am pleased to say that through my first year as a CreComm student, I have acquired all the necessary skills to put on something like an art show for my friend "just for fun."

Other plans for the summer include: getting a car, taking my son to the park, car, writing band reviews, car, catching up on my favourtite shows, car, soccer with my son, car, and catching some sun. Did I forget anything? .... Oh, car!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion